The Coffee Masterclass Giveaway Presented by Lavazza
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Start/End Dates. The Coffee Masterclass Giveaway Presented by Lavazza (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 18th, 2023 and continues through 11:59 p.m. ET on October 16th 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Sponsor. Lavazza North America Inc., 1301 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA, 19380
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, independent contractors, agents, officers and directors of Lavazza North America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), United States Tennis Association Incorporated, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, sign up through Facebook or Instagram AD or access https://www.lavazzausa.com/en/coffee-month-sweepstakes, enter a valid email address along with your first name, last name, phone number and zip code (together, the “Submission”).
5. All Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. If you enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply, and you agree to incur any and all charges required by your wireless carrier.
6. Agreement to Rules.Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
7. Entry Requirements. By entering the Sweepstakes, you represent and warrant that (a) your Submission does not contain any materials or elements that violate the rights of any third parties; and (b) that your Submission will not violate any law, rule, or regulation or be disparaging or otherwise inappropriate, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an entry, you agree that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any entry and disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your entry fails to conform to the foregoing or these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) Submission per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Duplicate Submissions or more than one Submission by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of https://www.lavazzausa.com/en/privacy-policy apply. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder associated with the Submission.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
8. Random Drawing/Odds. Five (5) separate potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about October 21st , 2023 from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the entrant that has been selected with the winning entry, as determined by Sponsor, will be deemed a potential prize winner.
9. Prize. One (1) “Grand Prize” will be offered. A Grand Prize consists of one (1) winner to attend a two-hour Coffee Masterclass with a Lavazza Professional Trainer in one of Lavazza Training Center for a session during the month of November. Training Centers available (New York, West Chester, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles). The winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older and of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the guest resides, unless the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest. The winner and guest will be bound by and must comply with all terms and conditions relating to the Lavazza Training Center. Training session and times are determined in the sole discretion of the event organizer and may be subject to change. Any other costs or expenses associated the prizes not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winners, including travel to any of the Lavazza Training Centers.
Grand Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The approximate retail value of the prize is $300 USD. The winner agrees to furnish Sponsor with and/or execute any additional document requested by Sponsor in connection with the awarding of the prize. Limit one prize per person or household.
10. Notification. Potential winners will be notified by approximately October 21st, 2023 via email message and/or telephone call from Sponsor. Potential winners must respond to Sponsor as directed within forty-eight (48) hours of notification in order to claim the Grand Prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the first notification attempt, then such prize will be forfeit and awarded to an alternate winner if time permits.
Each potential winner may be required to sign and return, where Sponsor deems necessary, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within three (3) calendar days of receipt. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, require the guest who will accompany the winner to the Lavazza Lounge to sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release within three (3) days of provision of the document to the potential winner. Should any potential winner or guest fail to comply with these requirements, then such Grand Prize will be forfeit and awarded to an alternate winner if time permits.
11. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, UNITED STATES TENNIS ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED, USTA NATIONAL TENNIS CENTER INCORPORATED, THE CITY OF NEW YORK, AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT, OPERATION OR PROMOTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROVISION OF THE PRIZE, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION.
Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from such winner or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. You shall be disqualified if you do not comply with these Official Rules or if you attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
12. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ITSELF AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. Disputes; Governing Law. You hereby agree to waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES.
For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to New York County in the State of New York.
16. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, the Sweepstakes winner, guest and any accompanying person to the event irrevocably grants Lavazza the right to use the Entrant’s name, supplied demographic data, biographical information, email address, photographs, videos, animations, likenesses, and details of winning, including but not limited to on Lavazza web sites and social media pages, channels and sites and productions and authorized productions, for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
17. Taxes.The winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on the prize, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided.
18. Name of Winner.To obtain the name of a winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 30th, 2023 to: Coffee Masterclass Sweepstakes Winner Name Request, Lavazza North America Inc., 1301 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA. 19380