The beauty of this dessert? You don’t actually need to book a ticket to Sicily to get enjoy its authentic taste.
One of our favorite granita-based recipes is the Coffee Granita with ricotta cream. The granita is the perfect base beverage to create original recipes with a variety of ingredients, including coffee.
To prepare this delicious recipe, we suggest using 100% Arabica coffee, such as the La Reserva de Tierra Brasile Filter, a full-bodied blend with aromatic notes of honey and chocolate.
This incredible frosty recipe is very easy to make! Give it a try!
16.8 fl oz coffee
3.4 oz sugar
1.5 fl oz water
½ vanilla bean
4.3 oz cow’s milk ricotta
1 oz powdered sugar
4 slices of brioche
1. Prepare the coffee with the moka pot.
2. Combine sugar and the vanilla bean in a pot and bring to boil.
3. Pour it all in a bowl and place in the freezer.
4. Mix with a fork every 30 minutes, until frozen.
1. Work the ricotta and the powdered sugar with the whisk until you get a homogeneous cream; then refrigerate.
2. Toast the rounds of brioche in the oven for 5 minutes at 356°F.
Finally, serve the granita in a glass, garnish with a spoonful of sweet ricotta and a brioche wafer.
If you visit Italy during the summer, especially the south of Italy, you must try the famous granita. A refreshing, savory and sweet treat, it is a must-have beverage, particularly on hot days.